Yoga is a physical and mental health system practices for thousands of years, originally in India, its place of origin and now increasingly throughout the globe. Yoga gives us relief from countless ailments at the physical level. The practice of the postures (asans) strengthenes the body and creates a feeling of well being.
The description of yoga is the harmony of mind, body, and spirit. The principle of Yoga is to strengthen the body, increase the concentration, stretch the muscles, relax, and most importantly, have the knowledge of higher consciousness. To maintain a balance between oneself and environment is necessary for every human. Despite nowadays greater emotional as well as physical needs are given more priority. The system ‘Yoga in daily life’ in taught in yoga center’s worldwide such as rehabilitation center’s, fitness and sports life, health institutions, adult education center’s etc. Yoga is suitable for people of all ages and requires no ‘stunt’ skills and provides physically retarded, unfit, ill the power of practising yoga.
Yoga should be included in our daily life. Positive thinking, perseverance, discipline and orientation, prayer as well as humble and kindness leads the path to self-knowledge and self-realization.
The main aims of yoga in our daily life:
– Physical Health
– Mental Health
– Social Health
– Spiritual Health
Importance of Yoga
1. Increased energy: Do you feel completely drained out by the end of the day? Shuttling between multiple tasks through the day can sometimes be quite exhausting. A few minutes of yoga everyday provides the secret to feeling fresh and energetic even after a long day.
2. Enhanced Circulation: Yoga improves your blood circulation. This means better transportation of oxygen and nutrients throughout the body. Improved blood flow also indicates healthier organs and glowing skin.
3. Stress relief: A few minutes of yoga during the day can be a great way to get rid of stress that accumulates daily – in both the body and mind. Yoga postures, pranayama and meditation are effective techniques to release stress.
4. Improved Sexuality: Yoga increases your self-confidence and offers complete relaxation and more control. This gives your sexuality a much-needed boost.
5. Healthy body: Yoga activities not only prove as strong deterrent for the prevention of the various ailmentsand diseases but also provide valuable solutions for their proper cure and treatment.
6. Self development: Yogic activities help the individual to imbibe the spirit of self awareness, confidence in one‘s abilities and strengths, self discipline and intrinsic motivation, self-acceptance and self actualization etc for seeking his maximum self development and enhancement.
7. Better Concentration: Yoga offers time for the body and mind to relax from the rigors of learning. This may help students be better at applying themselves when studying or learning in a classroom.
8. Purify body: Cleanliness and purification of the inner organs and systems of our body including the purification of our blood and its pathways, cleanliness of the respiratory and digestive systems and proper let out and excretion of the unwanted foreign material from our body.
9. Improved immunity: Our system is a seamless blend of the body, mind and spirit. An irregularity in the body affects the mind and similarly unpleasantness or restlessness in the mind can manifest as an ailment in the body. Yoga poses massage organs and strengthens muscles; breathing techniques and meditation release stress and improves immunity.
10. Reducing Hostility: When yoga is performed on the regular basis, the anger is greatly controlled. The breathing and meditation calm the nervous system, thereby decreasing anger and hostility. Reduction in hostility means reduction in blood pressure. This automatically enables a stress free and healthier approach towards life.
Decisions regarding your health and wellbeing and a free, happy life, are in your hands. Practice yoga regularly as it is easy to do and also helps in getting rid of certain serious health issues that are commonly found nowadays in our daily lifestyle, with firm determination and success will be certain.