February 18, 2020 - December 31, 2023
Fitness is crucial to quality life. Ill health can definitely diminish our happiness quotient and who can understand this better than a woman who performs varied roles. Nature bestows us with the responsibility of childbirth and she prepares by giving us the strength, endurance and patience to shoulder this role with a smile.
Yoga practice helps develop the body and mind bringing a lot of health benefits yet is not a substitute for medicine. Are you always feeling lethargic and tired without any underlying medical condition? A daily 10-minute yoga routine can help you feel more energetic, and help you regain body-mind balance.
There are more than 100 different forms of yoga. Some are fast-paced and intense. Others are gentle and relaxing.
Examples of different yoga forms include:
– Hatha. The form most often associated with yoga, it combines a series of basic movements with breathing.
– Vinyasa. A series of poses that flow smoothly into one another.
– Power. A faster, higher-intensity practice that builds muscle.
– Ashtanga. A series of poses, combined with a special breathing technique.
– Bikram. Also known as “hot yoga,” it’s a series of 26 challenging poses performed in a room heated to a high temperature.
– Iyengar. A type of yoga that uses props like blocks, straps, and chairs to help you move your body into the proper alignment.
Yoga is not for you if you like a fast-moving, competitive workout. Be open-minded, since there are physical and mental benefits you can gain by adding some yoga into your fitness plan, even if it isn’t your main workout.